What is the Turkey Carry Two Mile?
The Turkey Carry Two Mile is a fun event that has you carrying a Frozen Turkey in a bag for two miles of fun! You can participate as an individual or as part of a relay team of 2 or 4 people! You can bring your own bag or we will have some bags for use. Best Bags to receive Awards!!
- Individualy - One person carries the Turkey 2 Miles or 2 Hours
- Teams of 2 - Each person can carries the Turkey 1 Mile
- Teams of 4 - Each person carries the Turkey a 1/2 Mile
- Kids Carry - One child carrys chicken 1/4 mile
How does the relay work?
Each person or team will receive 1 Frozen Turkey that that you will place in the bag you bring. Relay teams will have each team member carry the Turkey for 1 leg of the race until reaching the Finish Line!! We will have prizes for Top Finishers and Fastest Splits!!
Do we keep our Turkey when we are done?
You can keep your Turkey or you to donate it to the Merrimack Valley Food Bank and help us deliver a great Thanksgiving Dinner to so many that would other wise be left hungry during the holiday season.
Best Bag Competition
This year we have left the bag up to you... you bring the best bag you feel to carry your turkey but it MUST be carried! Best Decorated Bags will get special prizes.
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Cawley Stadium - Lowell, MA 01852
8:30 AM - Registration
9:45 AM - Kids 1/4 Carry
10:00 AM - Individuals & Relays
- Kids 1/4 Mile Carry $20
- Individual 2 Mile $35
- 2 Hour Carry $45
- 2 Person Relay $60/30 each
- 4 Person Relay $100/25 each
What you will receive:
- 2 Miles of Frozen Turkey Fun!
- Turkey Carry Two Mile T-shirt
- One 10 lb. Frozen Turkey/Registered Team or Individual (Kids get chicken)